I love to drink Milk Tea since I was a child. I drank it for the first time when I visited Malaysia with my parents. We ordered hot tea by saying “tea”, but milk tea was coming instead of hot tea haha We found out that hot tea is spelled differently there, “Tea O” if i’m not mistaken. But thanks to the mistake, I tasted delicious milk tea, or in our language named Teh Tarik.
When I moved to Korea, there is Gongcha store which is famous with black tea milk with pearl. Whenever I pass over the store, I couldn’t bear not to buy it T.T Or if I go to coffee shop, I order milk tea also. But it was quiet expensive if I consume it regularly, plus it is not very healthy beverage hahaha
So I decided to create homemade milk tea, a very simple one. As long as you have milk and tea, then done 🙂 I don’t like cold beverage, so I always drink hot milk tea. But to make a hot one, I have to boil the milk, because all Korean fresh milk is cold. In my country, I can create hot milk with powder milk and hot water. But in here, either boil it or… heat it with microwave 🙂 I just found this method recently because my lab mate always reheat his drink with microwave. Why I never think this before haha
Here we go~
Milk Tea for 2 servings
- Fresh Milk 1/2 to 3/4 cup (depends on your preference)
- 1 bag or 2 tsp of red tea/ black tea. I used Indonesia Tea 2Tang. Talking about Indonesia Tea, there is one milk tea product in Korea named De Java. This milk tea is used Indonesia red/black tea also. So I guess our tea is good choice to make milk tea
- Water 1 cup
- Sugar (optional, if you like sweet. For me I don’t put any sugar. Or you can use honey also
How to Make:
- Boil water
- Put the tea into boiling water and stir
- No need to wait until boiled, pour the milk into pan
- Stir it until it become warm. Add sugar if you like
- Serve it!